Thursday, January 14, 2010

Be Still and Know


January is always a hard month for me to come up with a new board idea! I think it's coming down from the "holiday high" of so many decorations or something! Anyway, last week I found this poster on a shelf in the church office. I got it last summer as a buy two get one free deal at our local education store. I had forgotten all about it, but it gave me an idea to do a simple yet thought provoking board. Sunday afternoon while at nursing home service I noticed their sparkly plastic snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and thought they would make a pretty addition to a board. The lady told me they'd gotten them at the dollar store so I planned to look there. However, the next day while I was at our local cake decorating store looking for the right color of blue tablecloth, I just happened to run into the same snowflakes. They were on a 50% off table which made them a great deal! I even found a white ribbon with silver snowflakes being sold by the yard that I could use as the border. With one stop I had all I needed to make my board! By the way, does anyone know how to take wrinkles out of the plastic tablecloths?! One reason I don't use them much is because I don't like the wrinkle look...but in this case I needed to save money. I used straight pins to hold the snowflakes up since a staple or glue wouldn't do the job in this case. So, that's my board for January...ok, it will probably stay up till March! : )

1 comment:

Stephanie W. said...

I really like this board! It is simple and yet does the job nicely (love the winter colors; poster is nice as well). And, it's even better with the deal you got! I agree--wrinkles are a problem to me, too.