Monday, May 18, 2009

Chocolate from Heaven

This past Saturday was our annual ladies and girls banquet at church, and the theme was "Chocolate from Heaven." So, based on what I was told as far as the color scheme and theme, this is how the board for the banquet ended up looking.


If I had to do it over, I would have used three-inch letters instead of four-inch ones, so that there would have been more space on the board. Since I could not find any brown letters, I traced and cut them out of brown felt. The clouds were made from white posterboard with stretched-out cotton balls on them. The "chocolate kisses" were foil-covered posterboard pieces with a paper flag coming out of the top. This board was pretty easy to put up and take down, because everything (except the background and border) was taped up.

Although I'm not planning to do this for future boards necessarily, this time I tried something different to get an idea of how the board might look. I used Scrapblog to sort of sketch out my idea and see how different arrangements might look. Since there were no pictures of Hershey Kisses, I used the closest thing instead--triangles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to "plan" your idea with scrapblog! (I probably couldn't do that since I can't seem to figure scrapblog out very well...I'm still hoping you'll come teach me!) Cute board.