Monday, March 7, 2011

The Earth Bringeth Forth Her Bud


Ok, here's a dual board with the ideas of Elizabeth W. and Elizabeth K. combined. : ) I bought the white, wire, outdoor flower decor on clearance at a discount store for $2 last year at the end of the season. I had no idea where I'd go from there. Then I found the yellow forsythia at Big Lots...it was actually a long chain of it, but Elizabeth K. cut it apart for decorating. We found the ribbon boarder in a storage tote leftover from years past. It's hard to see but this boarder has yellow and pink butterflies on it. We were undecided about what color background to use until we started peeling away the old layers of backgrounds and found purple (from the grape vine board) and decided to go with purple. I like to leave my backgrounds up on this board since it's such a large board and hard to get them up. Then, I just layer over them until I need a color that's already there and I just peel back the layers. Sometimes they're a little "poked up" with staple holes, but they still work fine. So, Elizabeth K. went to town putting this up and later I added the dogwood flowers which I found while cleaning out a closet! I would still like to find some pretty butterflies to attach to the top of this board to fill a little...if I do I'll repost the picture later.
An idea for when you're trying to attach thicker things than paper to a bulletin board..."T" pins (found in the sewing/craft area of WalMart) or Joann's for sewing work wonders!
On a side note...Elizabeth K. just got a Cricut which she has wanted for quite some time! She has assured me that she will have lots of great ideas for boards coming with this new tool. So, hopefully we'll have some ideas from that soon!

No comments: